There are jobs – and then there are careers. The chances to do the kind of works that adds up to something meaningful. The opportunity to challenge yourself and learn new skills.
Surrounded by youthful, ambitious, enthusiasts. motivated people, day-in and day-out. That’s the kind of work you can expect to do at Glocal.
Come Join Us, here’s the gateway!
Learner Recruitment Officer
In support of the GAS’s enrollment, retention and graduation goals, establishes and administers programs for recruiting students to GAS academic/nonacademic programs. Independently represents the institution to targeted territories. Develops and maintains relationships with identified partners within the institution and community. Strategizes on opportunities to enhance recruitment efforts and implements identified strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Represents the Glocal After School to targeted territories; visits online and offline to middle schools, high schools, and colleges; speaks to groups and individual students; meets with school administrators and/or other constituent groups to promote outreach activities and as required to assist other recruiters.
- Develops, coordinates and delivers outreach programs and marketing strategies, including community workshops and related recruitment efforts.
- Serves independently as the point person for internal coordination of GAS student recruitment and enrollment management goals utilizing specific knowledge gained of admissions, registration criteria and financial aid and/or scholarship information and deadlines.
- Provides career and academic counseling, planning, and advising to potential students utilizing specific knowledge gained.
- Independently develops and maintains partnerships between the GAS and university, local school systems, alumni networks, trainers, community partners, and other identified groups throughout the assigned territory/population.
- Coordinates GAS participation of staff and alumni for national and local college recruitment fairs, conferences and related outreach events; coordinates event-specific organizational aspects, promotional materials and information from the GAS and its associates, educational programs and degrees.
- Prepares reports and proposals regarding recruitment and outreach activities, and responds to inquiries from students.
- Creates, packages, monitors and distributes resource materials for student recruitment and retention programs; develops mentorship programs; analyzes trends in recruitment and retention programs; develops strategies for program evaluation.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Willingness to Learn
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Ability to analyze course prerequisites, certification, and/or curriculum/graduation requirements.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to plan, assess, and evaluate programs.
- Program planning and implementation skills.
- Knowledge of student recruitment and retention issues.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Skill in the configuration and use of computerized database programs.
- Ability to provide leadership and guidance to administrative support staff and/or students.
In support of the project- Glocal Teen Hero and Glocal International Teen Conference, under the direction of Project Lead, the Project Assistant is responsible to provide operational and administrative assistance to the Project Leader, performs a variety of administrative, coordination and logistical services in support of the operations of the Project, and assists with information management the team.
This post is majorly responsible for providing support to team members throughout the planning and implementation of project and its associated events, including GTH Alumni connection and co-ordination. In addition to this, developing and maintaining relationships with identified partners is one of major role among all mentioned below.
- Planning, and Maintaining documentation related to all the activities.
- Support the operations team in communicating, learning and findings.
- Coordinate and organize schedules of new and continuing programs.
- Creating and updating program schedules and assisting in the planning and managing program events.
- Assists other team members in preparing and formatting documents, including PowerPoint presentations.
- Preparing monthly report, about the progress, activities of GTH Alumni
- Preparing Meeting Minute for every tasks associated with project.
- Obtains and assimilates knowledge of projects, the countries, and regions relevant for work assignments.
- Research, Documentation and co-ordination
- Assist in social media handling, by preparing contents, social media plans and creative collaterals.
- Initiating collaboration and networking, for reaching teenagers of other countries.
- Any other assignment as may be required.
- Communication and Negotiation Skills
- Fluency in English and Nepali Speaking, Writing
- Proposal writing, Report writing, evaluation and analysis
- Significant experience with Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills